How Can You Use Django in Python to Create Your Website?
The web framework of Python, which is open source and free in all senses of the term, is called Django. You can use it to make your website.
Why Would You Use Django?
Creating a website using Django is preferred by many for the following reasons:
1) Django is very scalable. Therefore, you can use it even when there is exceedingly high network traffic.
2) Since Django is also very secure, it restricts many of the securing mistakes, such as clickjacking, cross-site scripting, SQL injection, and so on.
3) Django comes with an abundance of pre-existing features, such as RSS feeds, site maps, and authentication.
4) Finally, it is extremely fast.
We know why creating a website using Django is majorly practiced by individuals. So, let us move on to setting the groundwork up for it.
To Set Up an Environment
When building their web application, they often use multiple packages that they do not require outside of their workspace for their website. They make a virtual environment to use a custom-built space for the website.
1) To do that, one would have to use the virtual package. The command for installing it is “Python -m pip install virtualenv.”
2) Now, one has to make a folder for the website, like the Django intro. After creating the folder, they have to set the virtual environment up inside it. To do it, they have to launch their terminal and ‘cd’ their way to the project’s directory and utilize the command of “virtual env.”
3) This would create a folder by the name env. The command “source env/bin/activate” must be used to enter the virtual environment.
One will know that they have entered the virtual environment successfully if there are brackets around the name of their environment.
1) First, one must ensure that they have installed the 3.6 version of Python or above.
2) They have to use Pip “Python -m pip install Django” to install Django.
3) To verify the Django installation, use the “python -m Django version” command.
The first phase to get the website running is completed. Now, we will create the first application for your website.
Creating An Application
Now we will have to get the required skeleton to get started. To do it, we have to run the command “Django-admin start project Django-intro-app” when inside the virtual environment. The basic structure would be created for the Django application.
There will be a manage.py file upon entering the folder of Django-intro-app, along with another Directory which will go by the same name and wsgi.py, urls.py, and settings.py files.
Now, you know how to set a virtual environment up to work on Django applications and Python projects. You can also create your Django app, along with website templates with the help of JS, CSS and HTML, linking numerous pages and modifying URLs.