The reason Most ECommerce Websites May Work and What to Do Regarding it
“Nothing is more powerful than a notion whose time has come”.
French Author and Poet
Victor ended up being right. In the short decade, we’ve had access to the Internet; the globe has changed dramatically.
Just reflect on these statistics for a time:
– There are now approximately 934 million Internet users worldwide
– Projections from technology study company Forrester indicate in, by 2006, total web sales will increase to over $560 billion dollars in 12 months.
– In the last few years, China and Taiwan have grown to 99, 000, 000 Internet users
– Online advertising invest has reached a record $9. 4 billion in the US by yourself, with research firms anticipating businesses will double their own spending on web advertising through 2008.
Think about all the things that you can do online that were impossible (or at least a little ‘sci-fi’) simply ten years ago:
– Exploring your favourite topics
– Reserving plane trips
– Having to pay household bills
– Web banking
– Getting in touch with prodigal friends
– Buying or selling homes; and almost anything else you can think of
Just like the industrial revolution radically transformed the way mass goods had been produced, the Internet is now altering the way business operates at its core.
Small businesses that were as soon as restricted to a small local marketplace can now trade on a worldwide scale. Selling goods and services on the world out of your garage is actually a practical reality.
But the change side to this amazing expansion is that the competition for buyer dollars is now fiercer than previously.
The web makes it easy to shop all-around for anything, so only ‘having a website’ is simply not enough. Whatever industry you aren’t in, your website needs to present compelling benefits to your buyers.
You need to stand out from the audience.
Web surfers need a simple way to find you when using a common search engine.
Your website needs to preserve customers time, money or maybe hassles (preferably all three). It needs to solve their troubles or provide them with less expensive than they can get from the competition.
The bottom line is – your website ought to deliver real value.
However, lack of quality traffic could be the number one reason why many small company websites fail.
Most people might agree that getting your web site up and running is relatively easy — the hard part is getting individuals to visit your website and do something.
This is called the ‘Billboard within a Desert’ problem.
As an example, think about you’re building a five-star eating place:
– You spend a fortune fitting it out and buying the best gear you can get your hands on.
– The food is fresh and also by the best chefs cash can buy.
– All of your personnel have been trained at the greatest hospitality schools in the world.
In a nutshell, you’re a perfectionist with no detail that has been spared… other than the location – it’s in the centre of the Sahara Desert.
Can it survive?
Of course, it didn’t. Without prominent exposure in addition to foot traffic, you’d be inactive for a week. The same is rue your website.
Real World Internet Marketing Approaches
Fortunately, there are several simple and affordable ways you can attract people to your blog.
*1. Search Engine Optimization
Important Search engines like Google, Yahoo! and LIVE MESSENGER are the first place 85% of the web surfers visit to research more information.
If your website is built to possibly be search engine friendly, you can generate a substantial amount of free traffic to your site.
We’ve just about all heard the real-estate concept of ‘location-location-location’.
Well, having listed in search engines is exactly the identical – it’s all about ‘position-position-position’.
Most web users don’t seem past the first two web pages of search results – thus anything past this point will be useless. To be truly useful, your website needs to be ranked in the top 30 results.
Search engine ranking (SEO) refers to a combination of approaches designed to make a website more desirable to search engines and therefore achieve higher ranking.
In layman’s terms, search engine optimization (SEO) suggests getting your website found in yahoo and google.
Please note that there is no miraculous wand to magically put you in the top benefits. If there were, everybody could well be using it and it would get rid of its effectiveness overnight.
You will discover, however, proven guidelines that may dramatically increase your chances of acquiring a good ranking.
*2. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
In addition to the regular google search, all major search engines sell advertising and marketing space called ‘sponsored links’.
This form of advertising is named ‘Pay-Per-Click’ and is the most effective way to attract targeted traffic aimed at your website.
Pay-Per-Click advertising works by letting you bid on keywords that are tightly related to your business.
For example, if you offer cell phone accessories, you might wager 20 cents for the search phrase ‘cell phone accessories’.
Each time a user searches for ‘cell telephone accessories’ your ad will be in the sponsored links place. By clicking on the offer they are taken directly to your blog and you’re charged 30 cents for the click.
Pay-Per-Click advertising is extremely effective mainly because it’s targeted.
Unlike a common ‘shot-gun’ marketing approach, your personal ad is only displayed to the individuals who are actively searching for your personal products and services.
Search engine optimization focuses on giving you a better ranking in the natural benefits. Pay-Per-Click advertising focuses on often the sponsored results area.
Seeing that indicated by the name, Pay-Per-Click advertising means you only fork out when somebody clicks on your ad. This is a vital level that distinguishes PPC from the other forms of Internet advertising.
Because of its very targeted nature, PPC will be fast becoming the most popular type of on-line promotion available to small businesses.
*3. Free Traffic Sources
In conjunction with pay-for traffic, the Internet also offers numerous free-of-charge sources of traffic.
– Writing helpful articles to market yourself on industry-based websites.
– Publishing media lets out to get free exposure.
– Establishing joint ventures for some other businesses to promote your solution and services to their databases of customers.
– Funneling targeted visitors from popular websites including eBay and online shopping websites.
*4. Email Marketing
Did you know that the majority of people spend more time reading their messages than they do surfing the world wide web?
It’s true – the email address is the number one application over the internet with over 500 zillion users worldwide.
According to Forrester Research, in 1999 e mail marketing revenue was $164 zillion; today, email marketing is more than a new $5 billion a year market.
When you take into account the negligible associated with producing and sending a contact, compared with 25 cents to be able to $3 for the postal comparable, it’s easy to see why email marketing is continuing to grow so much in popularity.
Permission-based email marketing is used by above 80% of the world’s greatest companies, including Amazon, Microsoft company, Ford, Dell, HP and also eBay.
According to a recent DoubleClick Consumer Email Study:
– Permission-based email is the most desired method of communication from online merchants to consumers: 72% rated it as their initial preference, with only 25% preferring postal mail and 0% choosing telemarketing.
– Through 78% of all online purchasers have made purchases online on account of email marketing.
– 80% of the online shoppers say they will receive emails from their beloved online merchants.
Regardless of what marketplace you’re in, email is just about the most powerful medium you can use for you to communicate with your customers.