Quartz Worktops: Advantages and Alternatives


Quartz worktops are the fastest-growing and most popular type of solid kitchen worktop today, with quartz worktops being installed as standard in many new homes. However, if you’ve ever enjoyed using a quartz worktop, you’ll be aware of the numerous benefits of having kitchen worktops made from a naturally rigid material. The word “quartz” is Slavic for “hard,” It is only slightly more complicated than diamond on the hardness scale – but much cheaper! What do you need to consider about Kitchen Worktops in London.

But it’s not just about its toughness, though that’s an important consideration. It is also about its visual appearance, which is just as important to many people as having a kitchen worktop that can withstand the kitchen’s heat. Quartz worktops comprise at least 93% quartz crystals, with the remaining 7% made up of resin and bonding agents and any additional materials used for decoration.

In some cases, this could be a pigment that stains the worktop a specific color. This produces a very appealing finish while retaining the distinct appearance of a natural material. In addition, quartz kitchen worktops are increasingly made with additional materials such as tiny metal or mirrored flecks.

The metallic flakes create a sparkly effect that lights up beautifully and dramatically impacts the overall appearance of a kitchen. In addition, by including mirror flecks in the manufacturing process, the finished worktop is highly reflective and catches the light in various ways, creating a dazzling appearance.

One advantage of manufacturing quartz worktops in this manner is that the color and effect run through the worktop instead of a veneer, which can quickly peel away, chip, tear, or crack, revealing an unsightly and unsanitary surface beneath.

Quartz worktops tick all the boxes in terms of durability, versatility, and visual appearance and represent an ideal solution for anyone looking to create a kitchen that successfully combines functionality with style. But what are the alternatives to consider, and how do they stack up?

Quartz worktops are one of the most affordable solid worktops, with granite worktops offering the benefits of a reliable natural surface at a higher cost. Stainless steel is also a popular choice, particularly among professional cooks and chefs, though stainless steel is increasingly being used in home kitchens. In addition, stainless steel can look fantastic when combined with a bright highlight color for tiles.

The most important alternative to quartz worktops to consider is Corian. Corian worktops are among the most popular solid ones on the market today. Although not a natural material like quartz, Corian worktops have numerous advantages, including versatility, durability, and visual appeal.

Corian is perhaps the most versatile material for the production of kitchen worktops. It can be cut, glued, molded, and even vacuum formed, allowing for almost any design. Unlike other worktops such as quartz, Corian worktops do not have to be flat and can be designed in three dimensions rather than just two. Consider having cooling racks, a splashback, a mixing bowl, or a sink built into the work surface.

In terms of style and visual appearance, aside from the mind-boggling design and manufacturing possibilities of Corian worktops, Corian is available in more styles and colors than any other type of solid worktop. With over 70 different styles and designs already available and more being added to the range every year, you won’t find it anywhere else if you can’t find it in the Corian range.

So, if you’re looking for solid worktops, which should you choose: quartz or Corian? Quartz worktops are ideal for rugged durability, a natural stone appearance, and a surface as hard as your mother-in-law’s dumplings. On the other hand, check out the Corian worktops for a genuinely one-of-a-kind kitchen with a visually stunning visual style and a 10-year durability guarantee.

Read Also: With the Hartco Flooring Company, you can get a high-quality wood floor.